(Thousand Oaks, Ca) Conejo Valley Unified School District (CVUSD) officials announced that all CVUSD schools will remain closed for the remainder of this week, and next week through the Thanksgiving break. The school district expects all schools to reopen on Monday, November 26.
In the announcement sent out to parents and student, CVUSD officials shared that the district found the following issues after assessment by staff:
- Five schools require intensive disaster restoration
- Eleven schools requiring deep cleaning
- Seven schools require exterior clean up
- Five schools have to be surface cleaned
- All schools require at least a horizontal cleaning, air scrubbing, deodorization, and replacement of air filters
While no schools have sustained any structural damage, school restoration(s) will take up to 10 days.
CVUSD officials shared that District offices are currently being cleaned and will be ready for re-occupancy Tuesday November 13 at 8:00 a.m. and leadership will be coordinating re-entry efforts, reviewing instructional goals to make adjustments, and working to ensure District operations return to normal as soon as possible.
Ventura County Local News. Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Ventura, Santa Paula, Moorpark. Visit us for the latest local news information for Ventura County at www.thevoicecalifornia.com