Register for FREE in The Voice La Voz California’s “Buy Local Guide” to be printed and delivered to Ventura County residents beginning November 13, 2018.
The Guide will also be available online for access by mobile device or desktop.
According to a report by Deloitte, each family will spend over $1,500 this year during the holidays.
Let’s Keep That Money in Ventura County!
From the farmers markets to clothing, wine to windows, legal services to linens, shop locally this season and every day of the year!
The “Buy Local Guide” will list businesses by city in one section
and by business type in another section of our special edition newspaper.
All businesses are welcome to participate FOR FREE!
Don’t have a business? Help us reach your family and friends that do! Forward this email to those you know with local businesses.
Research to Support Local Spending Power
The Deloitte survey Includes the following key highlights
- Holiday Parties: Celebrating the season with others – including entertaining at home and socializing away from home – accounts for 40%, or $611, of survey respondents’ holiday-related spending. That outpaces gifts, which make up 34%.
- Gifts For Others: Shoppers plan to purchase an average of 16 gifts and spend $525 on them, up 20% from $430 last year. Gift cards/certificates top the list with 54% of shoppers planning to make this purchase, while clothing comes in at a very close second at 53%.
- Gifts for Me: Just over half (51%) of respondents say they’ll buy for themselves while shopping for others – an increase of 15% over the last five years. This group also appears to be festive, making food and liquor the no. 1 item (42%) and clothing not far behind at 40%.
- Total Spend: Households plan to spend a total of $1,536 on the holidays this year, across all categories surveyed. The categories are gifts, seasonal entertaining at home or out with others; and non-gift holiday purchases such as holiday décor, home furnishings, non-gift apparel and other holiday-related spending.
- Deals & Discounts & Promotions: More than 4 in 5 people surveyed (82%) say promotions influence their holiday shopping. Nearly all (95%) said price discounts are the most appealing promotional offers, followed by free shipping (75%).
To read more about this survey, click here
The Buy Local Guide will help local buyers answer these questions:
- Where will I buy kids toys for the holidays?
- Can I find great deals here in Ventura County?
- Where are the best sales?
- What are holiday hours?
- What professional services are available here locally?
REGISTER TO BE PART OF THE BUY LOCAL GUIDE NOW!!