(Ventura County, Ca) The Ventura County Health Care Agency (VCHCA) has announced they will be providing free face masks to residents of Ventura County due to poor air quality related to the brush fires.
The announcement reads, “Due to continuing unhealthy air conditions resulting from the fires affecting Ventura County, free particulate respirators (N-95 masks) are being distributed as part of a coordinated effort of the Ventura County Public Health Department, Emergency Medical Services Agency, and various other organizations.”
The sites that will distribute masks to the public are listed below. Please check on www.vcemergency.com for current listings.
- THOUSAND OAKS
- Thousand Oaks Teen Center, 1375 E Janss Rd.
- Goebel Adult Community Center, 1385 E Janss Rd.
- Conejo Valley Family Medical Group, 125 W Thousand Oaks Blvd
- Camarillo Community Center, 1605 Burnley St.
- Las Posas Family Medical Group, 3801 Las Posas Rd., Ste. 214
- NEWBURY PARK
- Borchard Community Center, 190 N Reino Rd.
- Ventura County Public Health-South, 2500 S C St
- Ventura County Public Health-North, 2240 E Gonzales Rd
- SIMI VALLEY
- Rancho Santa Susana Recreation Center, 5005 Unit C Los Angeles Ave.
VCHCA also advises that N-95 masks require a tight seal to be effective and as a result the available adult sized masks will provide only limited protection for most children. N-95 masks when fitted properly provide some protection from the fine particles in smoke. Ordinary dust masks and surgical masks do not provide this protection. Limited quantities of small masks are being distributed to locations that are more likely to have a concentration of children. When properly worn, these masks should provide a tighter seal for a child’s smaller face. Please note, that only limited quantities of these masks are available. Masks are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be available as supplies last. Wildfire smoke and face mask guidance attached.
For updated information see Ventura County Emergency Information: http://www.vcemergency.com
Ventura County Local News. Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Ventura, Santa Paula, Moorpark. Visit us for the latest local news information for Ventura County at www.thevoicecalifornia.com